Sunday, May 6, 2007

Famous People

So I go umpire Saturday, the first game is with two AAA teams. Let me explain not minor league AAA for the MLB, but kids. That means that these are the best kids from all around and usually really good ball games. Great plays and pitching and all. I was doing 11 year olds which I usually don't do. I mainly do the older kids like 14 and up. So anyway I walk onto the field and we have the coaches meeting before the game. We all introduce ourselves and the one coach a black man with a CHIEFS tattoo on his arm introduces himself as Danan. I talk to my partner and come to find out it is
Danan Hughes formally of the Kansas City Chiefs. Pretty cool huh. I have umpired when such people like Dennis Leonard,Pitcher of Royals, John Wathan, catcher of Royals. have played in games against Brian Mcrae, of the Chicago cubs fame. So I have met several Pro ball players. As an umpire I have had to throw a few of these people out of games also. Dennis Leonard was tossed for using foul language on field towards my partner. John Wathan for for being pissed about a bang bang play at third one evening, and he told me and I quote " you fucking suck," I informed him I might suck but he is gone.

So as the game progressed Saturday, a close bang bang call was made at second base. Danan decide I was wrong. Never mind I was 3 feet from the play and he was about 100 feet from the play. Yeah he probably had a better view. I listened to him tell me all about it, I told him enough and play ball. About two innings later he did not like a call my partner made, again he was about 80 feet away and partner was about 4 feet away and between Danans view of the play. He ran onto field to yell and I stopped him in mid stride and told him he better slow down and quit running at any umpire. He then turned his attention to me. Forgot about the call at home. He informed me that he played in the NFL for 6 years and I politely informed him, "Ok but today we are playing by MLB rules not NFl rules." That seemed to piss him off, and ask me if I knew who he was. I told him it did not matter who he was and if he kept it up he was going to the parking lot. He told me I couldn't. I told him yes I could and I would, and I did not care who he was I have thrown many Professional ball players out of games. He says, again I quote," Oh you just like tossing famous people out." I told him," from your stats I don't think you can be put in the famous category." Wow he really did not like that at all. I think to him I had just cut his balls off. I found at at google he had a whopping total career 46 catches and a total of 425 yards and 4 TDs, as a wide reciever. All of this in 6 years. Not exactly famous records huh. In his defense though out of collece he was Drafted by the Brewers MLB team and played a whopping 2 years with them. Ok anyway he then turned and went to the dugout. I heard not another word from him the rest of the game and the following game either. Matter of fact after the second game and I was behind the plate, he even told me good job blue.

So I pose this question why do people famous think they should get treated differently than anyone else on the planet earth. I have met several of them and they all seem to think their name is going to save them and give them special treatment I guess. I guess that might work with some people but I take baseball very seriously and when they are on MY field they are going to play by the rules I don't give a shit who they are.

Anyway all in all it was a good day. Came home and smoked some chicken and corn on the cob for dinner and relaxed for awhile. I was awoken at 5:30 this am to the lovely sound of thunder and hard rain. It is so friggin wet here now and they are calling for more rain for the whole next flippin week. Might have to invest in a wet suit before it is all over or take a boat building class. On the bright side Kitty does look good in a wet t shirt though :P

Have a great weekend all and see you on the other side of the weekend. BYE FOR NOW

5 comments:

The Teacher said...

Tiger, honey, you are so sexy when you are forceful. I am turned on by this post and I know that was not your intention.

Now to your question. I have met and know famous ball players and musicians. Some are wonderfully kind and down to earth while others are whiney babies playing with the big boys.

Unfortuantely, just because they have $$$ and have been pampered most of their adult lives they think they (in this case) they can intimidate you with their fame or in other cases think that they should be respected for their fame alone and not for their intellect or the good things that they do for their family, friends, community, and country.

Keep up the good work, Tiger and Let me play ball with you ;)

The Teacher said...

BTW...you probably look pretty fucking sexy too in a wet t-shirt.

Purrring picturing that. Ummmmmmm

Kitty said...

The 'famous' ones seem to take little league sports WAY TOO SERIOUS!

You would think the kids were making big bucks already.

and the sad thing about it is people like him doesnt have any money! he was not highly paid and did not play for long. They just think he can ride on the coat tails of the NFL and Chiefs name and notority.

People like him suck!

Yeah teacher, tiger is really sexy in his special sweat absorbing black skin tight umpire shirt he wears under his other umpire shirt. It doesnt need to be wet to see all his ripples and nipples! mmmmmmmmmmmm

Kitty's Tiger said...

Teacher honey your right he is just an asshole and the way that he talked to those 11 year boys was not right either. I could not do anything about that. If he had used abusive language or something I could have but he did not do that.

Now to your question. did you say can you play ball with me or can you ball with me. I need some clarity here.

Now to your second comment....I love it when you talk dirty to me. I do believe you need your cute little ass spanked about right now.

Dirty little thing you.


Kitty: you are right sweetie he has not made enough playing for the Chiefs in his short tenure to make that much jack. He is justs a Jackoff.

Ripples and Nipples ROFLMNAO

I love you

Unknown said...

famous people just think they are superior because they were in the spotlight for a few minutes and made some money...big deal. it is a shame that they have to act like jerks in front of kids....not exactly the best role models.

now on to that shirt of yours...i definitely would like to see those nipples and ripples kitty mentioned!!! :)